Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Review For Bluehumor!

2 posters

Go down

Full Review For Bluehumor! Empty Full Review For Bluehumor!

Post by TheWizard 2010-11-16, 22:14

Site Name: bluehumor
Site Link: http://www.bluehumor.org
Which Review? full review please =)
[b]Anything Else?[/b

thats it for now hehe.
TheWizard

Back to top Go down

Full Review For Bluehumor! Empty Re: Full Review For Bluehumor!

Post by Daisy 2010-11-17, 11:15

Blue Humour: Full Review

Blue Humour

Forum Grammar & Spelling
Mainly good, but you are missing a few capitals at the beginning of some sentences in the descriptions.
Sadly, I see the adverts first, which puts me off. 'Im New here' for example needs a ' between the I and m.
The grammar is just over average, make it perfect, and it will look more professional. Especially in the Advertising Area, it has loads of mistakes.
7/10

Forum skin
The forum skin needs a little more colour. Something more cheerful, to suit the forum genre, and to make the user more light hearted. Perhaps get rid of those bluehumor.org catagory header/picture on every catagory.
I think colour would be best, something green and light with lots of white would be good, but not blue, as in blue humor.
Maybe a light blue then.

7/10

Forum icons
I don't understand why the forum icons are arrows. Something simpler would be best. Round circles of light perhaps, a little like ours' here, but a different colour and size.
5/10

Forums
The forum looks like it covers almost everything, but the forum is a little empty.
Perhaps some contest forums, creativity (stories, poems, etc), and some more stuff like that.
8 forums are a little small. Something like 13 would be better.
8/10

Statistics
Considering you have something like almost 400 members, but you have about the same amount of posts as here (we almost have 70, thats about 300 members difference), you should have more activity.
Send a daily newsletter reminding your members you are there, but put interesting topics in the newsletter, and make sure it isn't all 'Come back and post', make it cover interviews, advertising, what you have been doing, etc, and make sure you provide your link.
6/10

Anything else?

Well, firstly you should make your Advertising Area bumpable. Maybe have a button which bumps your topics without posting.
But everyone needs to bump their topic once in a while. or we wouldn't be here today without advertising.
I also suggest the banner being changed. I liked the penguin, but it looks like a advertisement or something.
Something sleek, but also funny, for example a medium dark banner with something less cartoony.
Considering you only get averagely 5 posts, 1 topic, and 1 user a day, you badly need a new design, look, and make your site a bit more up to date modern. Not stupidly modern, but more unique.

Would I (The Reviewer) join?
Sadly, no. The amount of posts considering the amount of users is just silly.
I wouldn't want to come there too much to post, you don't even have a competition yet in your competition sub board, you're not allowing to bump up topics, and there isn't much activity.
Another thing that is bugging me is the forum width. It needs to be a little wider, it looks a little poor now.
I sound really harsh in whatever I say, but better to know the problems and sort them out then ignore the problems and to continue with the flaws.
I like the idea, the genre, etc, but you need to advertise more, request packages more, etc.

Good luck! Smile
Please rate my review.
Daisy
Daisy
Admin
Admin

http://www.fudgepromotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum