Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why accounts become compromised

2 posters

Go down

Why accounts become compromised Empty Why accounts become compromised

Post by Garyn Fett 2011-02-28, 07:20

So many times when an account is compromised (aka someone gains unauthorized access to your account), it's because of the account holder using a weak password. An example would be; A forum owner using his forum name as a password, or someone using the basic 'password123'. To keep your account safe, you must have a long password, mixed with letters and numbers. Having some of the letters capitalized does help, but it's not a must. (Unless you're big on security like me.) You can use a random password site to generate a password for you, but the main problem is, someone could be algorithm cracking. One thing I do is just make up a password in my head, or just press buttons on my keyboard. A password such as 'paoqlz94m2g7' (or something like that) is not the first choice crackers (yes, it's called 'cracking', not 'hacking') would use. My point is, having various different letters and numbers help keep your account safe. Using something personal as your password is not advisable, because it's what crackers expect, and if they know you in the real world, they can probably guess your password.
Garyn Fett
Garyn Fett

Back to top Go down

Why accounts become compromised Empty Re: Why accounts become compromised

Post by Daisy 2011-02-28, 18:46

I agree, you really do need a good password. I use a word no one else knows (gobbledegook basically).
Daisy
Daisy
Admin
Admin

http://www.fudgepromotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum